We have lived here for
over two years now, and in that time have sampled many types of Chinese food, including Ayi's
Anhui homestyle; local cuisines from Yunnan, Sichuan, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan;
hot pot, noodle shops, Peking duck, street dumplings, and xiaolongbao (soup dumplings).
But we’ve never eaten
Chinese food like this before . . . here.
| the familiar florescent sign gives us our first hint of what's to come |
Fortune Cookie is the
classic American Chinese food experience, down to the notorious takeout
containers and that annoying waving cat.
We ordered crab rangoon, chow mein, sweet & sour pork, and orange chicken. We can't wait to go back
for their beef & broccoli and some chop suey.
This is a really interesting post, especially because in Australia, "typical" Chinese food is different again. For example, we get beef in black-bean sauce, lemon chicken (I guess that's similar to orange chicken - but I've never heard of having it with orange!) I've also never heard of crab Rangoon, and only seen chow mien on US TV!
ReplyDeleteLove the fortune!