Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sunshine


In mid-March, when Matt was traveling back in the states and I was suffering through yet another bout of illness, Shanghai started seeming like not such a fun place to live anymore.  I woke up each morning and looked outside and thought, man this town is dreary.  And then I read an article in the local newspaper (English version) about how Shanghai had just experienced a record-setting period of cloudy days, which started right around when we returned from Hawaii, and was predicted to end that week.  Apparently the skies haven’t been this gray since 1980.  It dawned on me that no wonder this place was seeming so gloomy; it literally had been for the past six weeks!

Well, I am happy to announce that the seasons have turned, the sun has come out, flowers are blooming, Tyler and I are finally ceasing the sniffles, and things are all-around cheery.  Let the sun shine!

our courtyard, announcing the arrival of Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment